Establish your Reading Workshop (Years K-7) with strong routines and expectations to build foundations for reader engagement and growth.
Each mini lesson flip chart pack contains:
- 14 Reading Workshop routines and expectations mini lessons
- A practical, step by step outline that will help you teach an effective daily Reading Workshop
Each mini lesson uses the Reading Workshop structure:
- Modelling the routine or expectation
- Guided practice
- Independent practice
How do these mini lesson flip charts work?
Just enlarge your mini lesson flip chart to A3 size:
- Use a mini lesson each day (or over 2-3 days) to teach an important strategy/skill/routine like 'Good readers track their thinking as they read.'
- Model or demonstrate this strategy/skill/routine in Shared Reading with a big book, or during Read Aloud.
- Determine which students require further small group practice with you before they join the whole group.
- Allow all students to practise the strategy/skill/routine with their own 'just right' book during Independent Reading.
- Allow time for sharing or reflection
You’ll quickly see the difference these mini lesson flip charts make to your teaching and your readers' learning.
AVAILABLE TO ALL MEMBERS