We are very excited to announce that the innovative Triple Treat trios of books are now available online. It is so wonderful that teachers in Pre-school or Foundation can now share all these 36 beautiful books on the big screen and/or children can read them independently on their iPads.
All the books belong to a themed trio of books with similar vocabulary, text structure and language features.
Preschool and Foundation
- My Place (three books about familiar places),
- Look at Me! (three books about all kinds of characters),
- How Many? (three books about counting favourite things)
- Having Fun (three books about animals having fun)
- Who? (three books about opposites)
- Scrub-a-Dub (three books about fun and surprises in the bathtub)
- My Toys (three books about favourite toys),
- Hiding (three books about characters that love to hide)
Foundation, Year 1
- Lulu series (three books about shapes that are all around us)
- Seasons (three books about three of the seasons)
- I Spy (three books about colours)
- All Aboard (three books about ocean, rain forest and jungle animals going for a ride)
Sharon had the idea for these books as she was working in a disadvantaged area in New York, where the younger students were really struggling to read. She started to make poems and stories like Triple Treat that were connected, and then a larger version for Shared Reading. It made a huge difference to their decoding and comprehension.
So she then approached some publishers in North America and Scholastic Canada took it up. The printed series has been successfully sold in Canada, the United States, Australia and New Zealand.
Thanks to our 12 gifted illustrators, to Denise Ryan, our amazing producer and Anita Adams, our incredible designer.
We hope the online version will make it accessible to many more children, teachers and parents!