Reading Comprehension Prompts: Finding Specific Information in Texts, Yrs 3-4 and Yrs 5-6
- This flip chart resource has a focus on 'Good Readers Find Specific Information in Texts.'
- It can be enlarged to A3 and made into a handy chart for easy reference and display to students.
- To support Good Reader thinking, discussion, writing
- To prompt students continuously in a way that will help them understand the kind of thinking, talking and writing that helps them to comprehend texts
- Use words, phrases and expressions from the text
Model and Practice during:
- Read Aloud/Shared Reading
- Practice during: Independent Reading
- Turn and Tell/Turn and Talk
- Whole class discussion
- Small group discussion
- Give an example ...
- Give 2+ examples ...
- Using examples from the text, explain ...
- Describe and explain ...
- In the text, what is meant by ...?
This resource is featured on our Teacher's Toolkit for Literacy podcast, episode 23.