About this teaching resource
This Conferring Sheet - Reading Conference Record provides a comprehensive record of how the student is progressing across all aspects of reading development with the text they are currently reading.
- Text Title:
- Just Right: Is this book allowing the reader to make meaning?
- Decoding: What word solving strategies is the reader employing?
- Fluency: Is the reader reading in a way that shows they are gaining meaning from the text? Expression, pacing, attention to punctuation, attention to dialogue, phrasing.
- Summarising: Can the reader summarise what they have read or the story so far?
- Making Predictions: Can the reader predict what might happen next? If the reader has read this book many times before, can they predict what the main character has learned?
- Visualising: Can the reader talk about a picture that the author has left in their mind? Can they use this picture to help them better understand something that has happened in the story?
- Opinion: Can the reader tell you what they liked about this story? Or a character? Or an event?
- Metacognition: Can the reader talk about how they are going as a reader?
- Reading Goal: Can the reader determine what they need to work on as a reader? Or can they practice a new reading goal with you? How will the reader remember their reading goal?
- A single sheet per student means building a picture of what each student is doing as they are reading.
- Ideal for your conferring folder or notebook.
- Team with Reading Goal Labels
There are no reviews for this resource yet, why not write one?
Report a problem
Please log in to report a problem with this resource