About this teaching resource
Conferring with students is a unique and significant opportunity to learn about what a student is doing as a reader/writer as we engage with them side by side in the reading/writing process.
Conferring tools are a way to capture that interaction in a brief record that reminds the teacher what was discussed, whilst leaving the learner with the confidence and knowledge to know what they are doing well and what they can do to continue to grow.
Conferring with Readers and Writers 1, 2, 3.
- These numbers refer to approximate bands of development: 1: Years k-2, 2: Years 3-4, 3: Years 5-6.
- These are simply a guide since development is a progression of learning rather than defined learning within a particular year, or within a particular grade level.
Conferring with Readers 1, 2, 3 Features:
- Signs of Development: a guide to let you know what signs of development you can notice, with room to add more.
- Time Columns: space to track what you notice at certain times of the year, ensuring that you build a consistent picture across a school year. Also useful for guiding your planning, teaching and determining flexible small group teaching based on similar needs.
- Date: Date of conference with student
- Comments: What you notice the student is doing well and what action you can show the student that they can practice with you right now, and take into their own reading/writing over the coming days.
- A single sheet per student means building a picture of what each student is doing as they are developing as a reader/writer.
- Ideal for your conferring folder or notebook.
- Team with Reading Goal Labels
There are no reviews for this resource yet, why not write one?
Report a problem
Please log in to report a problem with this resource