About this teaching resource
Alphabet Game: Lotto is a game to engage students in exploring and recognising upper and lowercase letters.
In this book you’ll find everything you need to get Lotto working in your classroom:
- 'How to Play Lotto' instructions
- 20 different Game Boards
- Blank 'Game Board' template to create more of your own
- Set of uppercase letters
- Set of lowercase letters
- Whoops, you will need to provide your own counters!
Lotto is a game that can assist children in:
- Understanding the concept of letters
- Learning letter names, and knowing that the names of letters are constant (just like children’s own names)
- Identifying upper and lowercase letters
- Distinguishing between letters based on their similarities and differences
- Understand that letter names are different from sounds
Australian curriculum alignment
ACELA1440: Recognise and name all upper and lower case letters (graphemes) and know the most common sound that each letter represents.
There are no reviews for this resource yet, why not write one?
Report a problem
Please log in to report a problem with this resource