About this teaching resource
Get your students thinking, reading, writing and talking like scientists by exploring and working with the vocabulary of the topic.
Vocabulary Cards Yr 3 Science includes: Unit vocabulary cards, blank cards
Ways to incorporate rich and meaningful vocabulary learning experiences:
- Create a unit display with vocabulary cards/Word Wall
- Create opportunities for your students to use the words, and catch them using them
- Create a science word consciousness
- Have students create pockets with vocabulary cards: write, define, illustrate, use
- Have students add vocabulary cards as you explore the topic
- Enjoy talking about and using new vocabulary
- Become word detectives
- Demonstrate how to refer to and use topic vocabulary when you speak and write about the topic
- Support and acknowledge student use of topic vocabulary when writing and speaking
- Raise awareness by modelling during topic read alouds and viewed texts how to notice and use topic vocabulary to deepen understanding
- Have students practice noticing and comprehending topic vocabulary when reading independently
Australian curriculum alignment
ACSSU046: A change of state between solid and liquid can be caused by adding or removing heat.
There are no reviews for this resource yet, why not write one?
Report a problem
Please log in to report a problem with this resource