About this teaching resource
'It is the joyous power of poetry that turns listeners into readers and readers into writers.' Charles Ghigna
Poetry packs quite a punch in the literacy-learning world. Give your students ready access to texts they will request and read again and again.
Poems ready to print and copy for shared and independent reading. Includes:
- A4 enlarge to A3 for Shared Reading Big Books
- A5 versions for individual poetry collections and personal readers
- A4 versions for your classroom library
- Offers whole, continuous text enabling students to see how all aspects of the text work together to contribute to meaning
- Expands children’s oral language abilities
- Expands children’s written language abilities
- Expands children’s content knowledge
- Contributes to children’s social knowledge and skills
Check out our mini lessons for skills, strategies, and behaviours to model explicitly and to engage students in their use.
There are no reviews for this resource yet, why not write one?
Report a problem
Please log in to report a problem with this resource